Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Spell Candle Jars - Psychic Recycling

I'm sure you've seen candles in a jar, you can get them practically anywhere. Well, I like to use them for some of my spells and rituals, I generally prefer smaller candles, but sometimes use the larger ones for extended rituals. There are several reasons I like the jar-candles

* I feel that the jars can help to "contain" more of the energy of the candle for you to direct.
* You can choose from a variety of scents and colors to suit your specific needs
* Some of them will burn for a LONG time in support of your ritual (never leave burning unattended)

Magickal Boosters for jar candles

* Before you light it, charge it with a drop of oil, rub the oil over the entire surface of the wax.
* You can press tiny crystals or gemstone chips into the wax before lighting (not to close to the wick)
*You can add a pinch of very finely powdered incence to the melted wax after its extinguished, resins work well(frank,myrrh,dragonsblood,amber). Please use common sense here, and keep away from the wick. Sometimes I press a small bead of resin into the wax.
*I like to write my intent on paper and fold it into quarters and put it under the jar

When the candle is burned out or you've finished with it you can "recycle" it into a spell jar.

To do this, after extinguishing it for the last time, I like to add some of the herbs I used for the spell, the ashes of the incense burned during the ritual,as well as the salt or sand used in the ritual. Sometimes I'll add some of the flowers on the altar. Basicly anything that I used for the spell that won't be reused. Finally I add the parchment with my intent and seal the jar. Keep the jar until you get your result. I never open the jar once it's sealed. I prefer to keep the jar on my altar for a while or else I hide it in a dark spot.
Two Hands Holding a Jar of Stars



McCormack, Daphne

Buy at AllPosters.com

No comments: